Easy Pumpkin Butter –
A Healthy and Delicious Spread
2 x cups of pumpkin seeds
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
Large baking tray
Food processor or blender
Oven to bake seeds at 160 degrees
Air tight container, glass jar to keep the spread airtight
- Place the pumpkin seeds on a large rectangular baking tray.
- Roast the seeds in the oven at 160ºC for between 10 and 15 minutes until they are just turning a little golden and smell nutty. Make sure not to burn them though!
- Leave aside till warm-to-the-touch and then put them in a processor/blender.
- It takes a lot of processing, so blend the seeds at intervals to avoid the machine overheating. The longer you blend the smoother and runnier the consistency becomes. It takes around 20 minutes or so (depending on your machine) for a very smooth and creamy consistency.
- Next place the nut butter into an air-tight glass container and it will keep in a cupboard for a few weeks or the fridge for 2-3 months. You can also freeze it too.
- It is delicious spread on wholemeal bread or on hot toast or sourdough.
**** Recipes You May Like ****
The Amazing Melting Chocolate Desserts from Villa Rene Lalique
Healthy Green Smoothie Recipe from the Luxury Spa at the Chedi
Thank you for sharing! This looks so amazing. WIll have to try it out!
Yes it is really delicious and easy to make – though it does take quite a bit of processing to get to the butter/oil stage. Good luck!
So glad you like the recipe! I hope you enjoyed.