How to Get The Best Shots With a Mobile Phone
As the saying goes, the best camera you can have, is the one you have on you. That way you can’t miss a great shot even when you’re least expecting it. So for most of us, the camera we have with us most of the time, is our mobile phone.
Over the past few years, the photos you get from you mobile phone have improved markedly and you can get some seriously awesome shots from your mobile. However, no matter how good your phone, there are some ways to ensure you get the best shot you can. We spoke to a number fo photographers, including photographer Carmen Sirboiu, to get some tips. Take a look here:
Take The Best Shots With Your Mobile Phone
- Always clean your lens before you shoot. If you don’t have a lens cloth or a sunglass cloth to hand, just use a piece of clothing. There is nothing worse than thinking you’re taking a cool, crisp photo, only to see it look blurred and out of focus when you check it later.
- In the same vein, avoid camera shake by using both hands when taking your shots or resting your camera against something solid – a tree or a wall.
- Or invest in a selfie stick or a small portable tripod. A tripod really helps if the light is fading, as poor light can lead to camera shake and blurred results.
- When taking photos put your phone on Airplane Mode to avoid being interrupted by calls, messages or alerts.
- Make sure you have a Full Battery and buy a portable battery pack if your phone’s battery is becoming suboptimal.
- Do check you have enough Storage on your phone especially if you’re planning on shooting videos which take up a lot of space.
- Focus – tap and hold down your finger on the screen where you want the focus to be to “lock your focus”.
- Move in closer to your subject whenever you can, rather than using the “Zoom”, to get better quality, clearer shots.
- For better sound quality, move in closer.
- Always aim to shoot in a location with the best light possible.
- Try different angles, from above, below, the side etc, to see what makes for a more interesting shot.
Other Tips Include Using a Great Editing Application on your Phone.
Top Phone Photo Editing Apps and Software
- Lightroom is easy-to-use and offers you presets as well as a range of filters. The brush and gradient features are great and you also have the opportunity to edit your photo on a computer screen too. The mobile version is free.
- Snapseed is a free Photo editing App with some great editing tools such as white balance, curves and RAW editing. It is easy to use and it has many features.
- VSCO is another great editing tool There are several presets and the you can import and edit RAW photos. If you pay for VSCO Premium you can unlock Moree presets as well as advanced editing tools like HSL and Split Tone.
- Pixlr is a free online photo editor which is intuitive and easy to use. It has AI powered tools and lots of features as well as a library of stickers, overlays and borders you can add to your photos.
- Polarr is an advanced free online photo editor, with tools for every level of photographer, from advanced auto-enhance tools and sophisticated filters to edit all the details of your photo.
- Pixelmator Pro is an image editor designed to make the most powerful professional image editing tools accessible to everyone. As well as reducing and editing tools you can even draw vector graphics and add effects.
- Halide is a camera app tfor the iPhone which gives you fast and smart focus peaking, a precision level grid and robust depth tools.
- Spectre: A camera app that helps you create fabulous long exposures on your iPhone.
In addition do check what editing features your phone comes with as standard.
*** Articles You May Like ***