Recipe For Oven Baked Epoisses
Melted Epoisses In A Box – An Easy Starter or Supper Dish
Epoisses is a cheese with a strong, distinctive flavour, which is also very creamy and buttery. It is perfect for baking, as it melts easily and carries flavour. Baked Epoisses makes for a super easy and delicious dish and is ready in minutes. It can be served with bread, boiled potatoes, a side salad and is perfect as an easy starter or a lunch or supper dish.
How To Make Oven Baked Epoisses
To make Baked Epoisses you simple add a little garlic, rosemary and olive oil and salt and pepper and you end up what is essentially an instant cheese fondue!
- 1 x 250g box of Epoisses
- 3 small sprigs of rosemary
- 1 large garlic clove
- A drizzle of olive oil
- A pinch of sea salt and a grinding of black pepper
Serves 4 people as a starter or 2 people as a lunch or supper dish
1. Preheat the oven to 200C
2. Take the cheese out of the box and wrap it in parchment paper and replace in the box. However, due to the high temperature in the oven it is also best to wrap the cheese box in aluminum foil. In fact if you wrap the box in foil you don’t need the parchment flavour unless you want a more “rustic look” when serving.
3. Simply make around 6 – 9 slits in the top of the cheese.
4. Cut the garlic into slivers and put them inside the slits in the cheese.
5. Chop the rosemary sprigs into small pieces ( don’t use too much as you don’t want to overpower the cheese) and place in the slits too.
6. Drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil over the top and sprinkle a pinch of sea salt and a few grinds of pepper on top.
7. Place it on a baking tray in the oven at 200 degrees celsius for 10 – 15 minutes until nicely melted.
8. Serve with small boiled potatoes, crusty bread, pickles, a side salad or slices of vegetables, apples or cucumber.
*** Recipes You May Like ***