Whatever time of year it is, there is always plenty to do. Deadlines with work, family responsibilities, unexpected problems. All this adds to the day to day business of everyday life and can cause a certain amount of stress. However, by adhering to some simple guidelines, we can alleviate a certain amount of the stress. We talked to various mindfulness coaches and they helped give us some tips to help us better cope with these issues. It’s not rocket science but by gradually incorporating some or all of these, you can get a better sense of balance.
- Sleep for 7 to 8 hours regularly to relax and rejuvenate your body and mind.
- Drink water regularly throughout the day aiming to drink around 7 – 8 large glasses and drink one as soon as you wake up
- Walk at a brisk pace for 20 – 30 minutes every day. You will feel so much better for this.
- Eat Seasonal locally grown food whenever possible.
- Avoid processed food and eat more vegetables and fruit. Eat better, not more. Quality over quantity.
- Do something for yourself every day.
- Have a little treat every day – whether it be a piece of high quality Swiss chocolate, a great glass of wine or an amazing piece of cheese. Enjoy – and put back the rest for tomorrow!
- Enjoy the moment consciously. Practice mindfulness, meditation or prayer.
- Smile more – most people will smile back! Don’t worry about the ones who don’t – they’re fighting their own battles.
- Make friends with happy people and drop the ones who bring you down
- Go “offline digitally” once a week for at least half a day.
- Embrace nature – go for a hike, swim in the lake or the sea or walk in the park.